Sunday, July 22, 2007

First dipnetting trip

Went to the Kenai on Friday with Treg and Adolf. Dipped from about 7:30 till 10:30 and got two. Dipped Saturday with Treg and a couple of his family members and got another 12, for 14 total. We got about 60 total, with Treg doing the brunt of the success, with 28. I lost about 10 fish total in stupid rookie ways. However, thats how you learn. Now I feel confident enough to go dipnet by myself.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More pictures after the break.

Me and the fish.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The filleting process is getting better. I made some ugly fillets early in the process, but slowly remembered what the hell I was doing.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have been waiting a long time to have a freezer this happy.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: